Most of our Website's functionality can be used without revealing any personal information, though for some specific features or services personal information may be required. If you do not use these specific features or services on the Website, then the only information we collect will be "Non-Personal Information" (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify you). Non-Personal Information includes information such as the web pages that you have viewed. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Website, you may need to submit "Personally Identifiable Information" (i.e., information that can be used to identify you). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, home address, telephone number and email address. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to CR. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Consent to by Using Our Website
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Website:
- Non-Personal Information. When users come to our Website, we may track, collect and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Website were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were "clicked." Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Website. Although such information is not Personally Identifiable Information, we may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
You should be able to control how and whether Cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of this Website may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use many functionalities of the Website.
- Forums") where you can share comments and thoughts. In order to participate in the Forums, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address. Personally Identifiable Information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum or the Website.
- Registration with CR. CR offers an account to each user that registers with CR. A CR account can be used to participate in the Forums and manage your CR account. In order to register with CR, you will be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Communications with CR. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
How We Use the Information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways CR uses the information that we gather.
- Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
- Forums. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during your use of the Forums to facilitate your use of the Forums. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s).
- Registration with CR. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during registration with CR to facilitate your use of the Website. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s).
- Disclosure to CR Operations and Maintenance Contractors. Our operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing products or services to us. These contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Website. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personally Identifiable Information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
If you have registered with CR, you may update your Personally Identifiable Information by logging-into your account and updating your Personally Identifiable Information accordingly.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to delete or update your Personally Identifiable Information on our systems. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact CR using the information provided below.
CR makes no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the Information, Website, or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Protecting Children's Privacy
CR strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Website without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents may have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such requests, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below.
Effective November 16, 2009